Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Orosman at Zafira

Last Saturday, I was able to watch my first theatre production. And the heck, it was spectacular...
...not to mention the eye candy + talent overload and uh, I don't know how to put it into words.
I still LOL over how a blood loss happened (not literally, though) and my brain went haywire. =))

Thanks to a friend who treated me to lunch and tickets. Now I think I will become a theatre-lover. Reminds me of my childhood dream of being a stage actress that was kept in the cobwebs of my dream box because I was too introvert to even try to join workshops. Now a part of me regrets that. A little more push and I might just light the flame for that passion again. This means more musicals and plays to watch this year! :)
The cast of Orosman at Zafira.
Oh Zelim and Abdalap. :"> I was stunned by Jay Gonzaga's (Orosman) stature. O__O
Hence the Team Panaderia was born. :P

A synopsis from the official website (orosmanatzafira.com):
"Orosman at Zafira is a story of the struggle for power of three kingdoms: Marueccos, Tedenst and Duquela. It is a komedya written by Francisco "Balagtas" Baltazar, a prominent Filipino poet known for his Florante at Laura and widely considered as the Tagalog counterpart of William Shakespeare for his impact on Filipino literature. Not to be mistaken as comedy, a Komedya is taken from the Spanish comedia a generic term of drama. It was brought over by colonizers as an evangelizing tool. It usually had plots about saints or warring kindgoms, and used staging conventions like structured choreographed entrances and exits. The story begins with Zelima, daughter of Ben-asar, Right Vizier of Boulasem, the Pacha of the Kingdom of Tedenst. She sings about Mahamud, Sultan of the entire realm and Pacha of the Kingdom of Marruecos, and his call for a feast. All the Pachas of the realm have been invited, including Boulasem and Zelim, the Pacha of the Kingdom of Duquela. Boulasem suspects that Mahamud secretly plans to kill all the Pachas to gain absolute power. His paranaoia leads him to order the murder of Mahamud during the feast. This results in a cycle of war, murder and treachery. Gulnara, courtesan of Sultan Mahamud, and Zafira, orphaned daughter of the Sultan, begin the first war. Lust for power causes the war to drag on. Boulasem's son, Abdalap, murders his own father to inherit the throne. He also threatens to put his brother Orosman to death so that he will be free to marry Orosman's lover Zafira. Many more lives are sacrificed all because of the greed for power. Will it ever end?"

I personally loved the fierce Duquela tribe and the characters of Zelima, Abdalap and Boulasem, which I found very powerful. If time permits, I would definitely watch Orosman and Zafira again.

Being able to watch Orosman at Zafira makes me more excited for Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal. I can't wait!! ^__^

Orosman and Zafira still have playdates on the February 19, 20 and 26 for the 3PM show and on 19, 20 and 26 for the 8PM show at SM Mall of Asia Centerstage Theater. For ticket information, visit the official website.

1 comment :

Awesome of you to drop by, care to leave a comment? :)