Thursday, April 12, 2012

FOOD: Singapore Food Republic

It was supposed to be a day of dessert.

Unfortunately, Sweet Recipe was closed last Monday (I thought they were open on a holiday *sad face*). And since our only plan for that day was to indulge in cakes and coffee, a plan B was called for. The good thing about BGC is that there are scattered food establishments in the area, if you know your way around where to find it. There were a number to choose from but some were closed that day, so we settled for a place wherein I'm sure that I will get a fix of what I like (I like to try things but I was going for safe that time). And so we ended up in Singapore!

Just kidding! Haha! Singapore Food Republic we went! Simply because I'm sure they'll have Hainanese Chicken, a favorite!

They also have a promo of their Dimsum for Php55 only for 3PM-5PM, I'm not sure until when though. They have very limited choices of dimsum but the Hakao and Seafood Wrap we ordered was good!

sfr6
Hainanese Chicken and Rice (~Php250/set) 

It was good but I expected more I guess. :( They didn't serve soup with it that I have to ask for it, several times. It took quite some time before they gave us our soup and it's not the chicken broth/soup that compliments the meal. Hainanese ain't complete without the soup! At least for me.

The chicken was nicely-flavored but the rice was didn't gave me that yum moment. I would still say that Wee Nam Kee's version of Hainanese still tops my list so far, but the one I tasted in Bangkok still has my heart. I can't wait to try the authentic Hainanese from Singapore! By September!

sfr7
Beef Rendang and Hainanese Chicken

D ordered Beef Rendang (Php360) for himself and a few cups of Jasmine rice. I know we were supposed to have merienda but we ended up eating food good for merienda and lunch. Haha!
I think Beef Rendang is synonymous to our Beef Kaldereta. D said it was okay but nothing buzzworthy about. I wasn't able to taste it because I still had the dimsum to take care of.

sfr8
Hakao and Seafood Wrap (Php 55/order)


I should say their dimsum is really good! Regular price of their dimsum is around ~Php115 but you can get them for Php55 if you dine in between 3PM to 5PM so it's perfect for snacktime.

sfr4 sfr3 sfr2
sfr5 sfr1


Interior-wise, the place looks great and I thought it was a high-end resto from the view outside (but the Php55 dimsum drew me in), plus have fast wifi! It's a good place to chill in the afternoon and just have a round or two of dimsum break.

Our damage for our meal good for two was Php907~ including service charge. A little pricey for our budget, I should say (we could go for a buffet already with this amount). So next time, I'll just go for their dimsum promo then go someplace else cheaper, even a buffet.


Singapore Food Republic by Nasi Lemak
Unit B, Commercenter
4th Ave. corner 31st Street
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
925-1988

2 comments :

  1. The photography is amazing for these entrees. The focus is well done. About the food, this is authentic Singaporean dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Awesome of you to drop by, care to leave a comment? :)